Shade Whitesel: Toy Play/Event Markers: Building a Thinking Reinforcement Foundation (Fri, Sept 27th & Sat, Sept 28th, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Does your dog chase toys, but won’t bring them back? Does your dog play keep away with toys? Do you have a dog that bites you instead of the tug? Obsesses over toys, yet won’t listen to anything you say? Is your dog so crazy for toys that he can’t think? Do you have a dog with good or excellent toy skills away from obedience, agility (or other dog sports), but those skills deteriorate when that work is added? Would you like to explore how to use toys to reinforce behaviors?
This seminar will help you put a solid reinforcement foundation on your dog for any dog sport.
Dogs that do best in this seminar are dogs with toy/tug drive. If your dog prefers food as a reinforcement over tugging, there will be lots of information for you but it is advised that you audit.
Shade brings a unique and insightful approach of utilizing toy play in training that makes toy rewards true reinforcers that will create reliable behaviors. This seminar covers how to harness those prey instincts into a reinforcement that you can use in training. This is built on a the concept of different location marker cues.
- Lecture on Event Marker Cues
- Working teams without dogs
- Working teams with dogs
- Lecture on Chase
- Working teams
- Lecture on Tug
- Working teams 3-4 times
- Handler's choice if there is time
Additional seminar information:
- Dogs will be worked one at a time.
- Limited to 10 working spots.
- Dogs must be crated away from the working area. There is crating space available in a separate room.
- Dogs that do best in this seminar are dogs with toy drive. If your dog prefers food as a reinforcement over toys, there will be lots of information for you but it is advised that you audit.
- Dogs should have toy drive.
- If the event is full, please select the Register button and fill out the form to be put on the WAITLIST.
- Event fees are non-refundable unless filled via the waitlist.
- LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. Please plan accordingly by bringing your own lunch. There are also many restaurants close to the center.
- Auditors are welcome! Auditing fee is $50/day. Auditors, pay day of event.
More about Shade
To read more about Shade, her dogs, her training, and testimonials about her instructions, click on the following link:
|Event Date||09-27-2019 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-28-2019 5:00 pm|